Decoding BSG's Last Supper

I mentioned earlier that Battlestar Galactica fans have been pouring over a recently released "Last Supper" image looking for clues to what happens in the forth and final season of the critically acclaimed show.

One fan, attitudeandwine, noticed that there were many blank spots on the original image and knew that Leonardo da Vinci love the use of symmetry in his works. I think she's on to something and while her original image was suggestive, it was also slightly unclear. Since I had a little time on my hand and am fairly familiar with Paint Shop Pro, I decided to try and mirror the image myself. Here's the result of my own attempt at photoshopping (Click the image for a high resolution version).


Here is another version of the same image, done with a different image blending mode that allows us to see an overlap of both the original and mirrored image.


Some of the more obvious things that can be observed in the images:
  1. Athena and Helo are looking at either Tyrol or Caprica and seems to be waiting for them to act.
  2. Athena's hand is reaching to touch either Tigh's arm, as if seeking help.
  3. Tigh is looking at Apollo or Baltar.
  4. The positioning of Tigh under Adama is interesting, suggesting that their CO/XO relationship remains unchanged.
  5. I think Anders kissing Caprica's arm is just coincidence.. *shrugs*
  6. Tyrol, standing between Apollo and Baltar, stares very intently at the knife. I don't think he's going to kill either men.
  7. On the left hand side, a partially hidden Apollo seems to be staring at the open book on the table.
  8. Adama and Roslin are indeed holding hands behind Adama's back.
I have no frakking idea what all this means. If you do, drop me a comment!

0 comments: