Enchanted

After reading some positive reviews about Disney's new movie, Enchanted, I decided to give it a shot. So this afternoon, I dropped by Junction 8 to catch "Enchanted".

I liked it.

Overall the movie is not meant to be spectacular nor noteworthy, but it doesn't need to be. Enchanted is one of those movies that perfect illustrates what the power of a simple but well written story can do for a movie. And that is what Enchanted is, a boy-meet-girl love story with a Disney cartoon twist. The production values are extremely good (afterall, this is a Disney movie) and the actors are great. What I like most of all are the little references to past Disney classics crammed into this movie. Everything from Giselle singing to forest animals and birds, the use of the poisoned apple, a ballroom dance like the one in "Beauty and The Beast" and a whole lot more!

James Marsden really channeled a very believable Prince Charming um... Prince Edward. And of course who can forget Amy Adams as the ever lovely soon-to-be-Princess Giselle? I have always had a soft spot for musical numbers in movies, especially romantic movies. Enchanted has several so it naturally has a spot in my heart. Here's a sneak preview of one of those musical pieces.



Enchanted is definately one of the rare movies that I find worth keeping as a DVD.

0 comments: