The Long Wait Has Ended, Finally!

As we approach April, my heart can't help but flutter in anticipation of hree shows that will finally start airing after such a long break without any ground breaking shows.

Macross Frontier
The first show is Macross Frontier, a brand new anime series that picks up the on story of Macross. For those of you need a reminder Macross, also called Robotech when it aired in Singapore over 2 decades ago, is the story of the first Human-Zentraedi war that was eventually stopped by the love triangle trio of Rick Hunter, Lisa Hayes and the singing of Lynn Minmei. Macross Frontier carries the story forward several centuries, to an age where the surviving Humans and Zentraedi work together to colonize the galaxy via huge colony ships.

To whet your appetite, here's a promo music video for Macross Frontier:



By the way if you have not heard the rumor, Toby Maguire of Spiderman fame has purchased the rights to create a live action Robotech movie. So who knows? In a few years there might actually be a Hollywood version of Robotech.

House
That's right, one of my current favorite characters on television, Gregory House is back from the Writer's Strike with 6 new episodes starting at the end of April.

I know many people who watch the show has a love-hate relation with Gregory House. For me, I just feel that he is like me in quite a few ways that watching the show, watcing House is almost like watching a filtered mirror of myself. I understand how House thinks, and unlike most people I do not see him as an egotistical, selfish person. Instead behind the facade most people cannot see past, I see a deeply caring, loving soul who has been cut too many times but still continues to care and love.

Battlestar Galactica
The show that I have really truly been aching for is the fourth and final season of Battlestar Galactica. After the long one year haitus, the uncertainty of the Writer's Guild strike, tele-movie Razor that only raised more questions than it answered, it is good to finally have the show back on television.

I once again reiterate my prediction that Ellen Tigh is the final cylon!

0 comments: